Monday, January 30, 2017

After reading the second installment of Feed, I have to say I got a little more into it. Violet’s body is shutting down because her Feed isn’t working. She can no longer move her body at times, and for hours at a time. The worse it gets the more Titus seems to want nothing to do with her. She keeps sending him memories, and messages, but he continues to delete all of them. He avoids her. She sends him a list of things she wants to do before she dies, a bucket list of sorts. He doesn’t even listen to it really; he does in parts, but skips over some parts. I think he’s a jerk and I feel for violet because she is dying and the one person she wants to spend time with is ignoring her and doesn’t want her. I could see from his point of view that it makes him uncomfortable to know she’s dying but to ignore her and be mean to her I don’t know, I have mixed feelings.

Image result for slaves to technology
I like when Violet and Titus go to the party and when they are playing spin the bottle Marty lands on Violet, and she loses it. She goes off on everyone and calls Quendy a monster. She basically calls everyone at the party a slave to the feed, which I suppose is true but the party goers still don’t see it.
Violet and her father call Feed Support and to get a free repair or funding from donors for a repair, they say they will get back to her later. When they finally do, the Feed Support says her warranty is up and that because of the time at the mall when her and Titus ask about random things at the mall and never bought anything. It made her shopping interests random and unpredictable, so the donors decided she wasn’t worth fixing because she wasn’t a regular and predicable consumer. Which is scary, because she didn’t benefit big business by being a consumer she was left to die. You have to feel bad for Violet. She continues to get bad luck and it keeps coming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment