Sunday, March 12, 2017

I really enjoyed Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets if the Universe. I thought the storyline was really great. Showing two sides of two different boys, one who is very open with himself and who he is, very honest, and just comfortable with himself, Dante. And the other one who is more introverted who doesn't really know who he is, or what he wants, Ari. Both boys really close but completely different.
Dante is very open with his sexuality and that he likes boys. Ari, he show interest in one girl but she ends up getting pregnant by a gang member and dropping out of school. He doesn't really seem upset by that but later on starts to figure out that he actually has feelings for Dante, feelings that he's been suppressing that his family helps bring to the surface.
I felt that Ari gave off feelings that he might be into Dante before it confirmed he was. When Dante and Ari go to the desert and its raining and they get naked and run around the truck Ari says if Dante had tried something he didn't know if he would've stopped him. Also when Ari allows Dante to kiss him. I think he wanted those things to happen but he just didn't know a right way to feel about it.
As Ari sort of comes into his own and starts to mature his family starts to share more about his brother, which might explain why Ari likes to fight so much and why maybe a part of him enjoys it. Dante works at a drug store and meets a guy, Daniel who works there also, Daniel and Dante are kissing in an ally and Daniel runs and Dante stays and gets jumped by 4 people, Ari finds who did it, and breaks one of the boy's nose.
I thought this book was great, I thought the their self realizations was really interesting and made the book really nice to read. I really liked this read.

Image result for aristotle and dante discover the secrets of the universe

5 comments:

  1. I had a feeling both Ari and Dante liked each other from the start. I just didn't know how it would turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked this book! I thought the storyline was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reality - I agree, the story was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that Ari and Dante seemed to provide a nice foil for each other, which made the book a more interesting read in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Ari liked it when Dante kissed him. I was almost mad he lied about it.

    ReplyDelete